Vocational Nursing Admissions
AC will admit students regardless of race, age, sex, religious creed, ancestry, color, national origin, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as Vietnam era veteran. Students should demonstrate maturity and motivation toward undertaking an intensive course of study. Additionally, students must demonstrate an ability to advance from the program as determined by the successful completion of an aptitude test.
Admission Requirements for Vocational Nursing Program
- Proof of completion of an approved general education course of study through the 12th grade or evidence of completion of the equivalent thereof.
- Completion of Math and Reading (highest scores will be given priority)
- History and physical completed by physician or designee, indicating no restrictions in performing nursing duties required in the Program
Inquiring applicants are scheduled to visit the school. They must have a personal interview with an admission representative. While visiting the school the applicant will:
- Complete a Statement of Qualifications form;
- A personal interview with an Admissions Representative, tour of the facilities and determination of the course of study desired by the applicant;
- Administration of the entrance examination.
Admission Procedures for Vocational Nursing Program
- Prospective vocational nursing students shall submit to the director, official documentation of educational courses completed prior to the personal interview. Foreign transcripts must be translated into English and evaluated prior to submission.
- Prospective vocational nursing students shall submit official documentation of all related work experience, indicating the length of time worked and the duties assigned prior to the personal interview.
- Prospective Vocational nursing students shall have a personal interview with the director of the vocational nursing program
- Prior education, related work experience, the personal interview and admission requirements shall be considered in the selection of candidates.